Wednesday 24 June 2015

1,2,3...OUCH!!!

It has been so looooonnnngggg... I know. #sigh. I have been learning lessons of my own. Some I thought I already knew, others just plain hard but necessary.  A couple of posts ago, I talked about being still. I said there was a time to just wait...to be still.  Well today, i'll talk about timing too...
Ever watched those movies where someone got punched in the face or fell and broke his nose? I bet you have seen one or two. Or you yourself might have broken your nose at some point. Well if you have, you'll know it hurt pretty bad. And the usual way to fix it would be to reset the nose. So a doctor or someone who could do so, would tell the victim he was going to rest his nose and would give him time to prepare for the pain..hence counting.."1,2,3"..and then there would be a crack and an "ouch!!!" from the victim. What ever does a broken nose have to do with timing? Stick with me and you'll see...
Yesterday, I was reading a book and the writer said, God has a timing for everything that would happen to us or in our lives. And if we tried to get ahead or lag behind, at some point we would hit the rocks and would have to be dragged back to where we ought to be. Now you see where I am going with this, don't you? Personally, I think the biggest problem of this time is trying to outrun God. We wanna be fast! We want everything 'now now'.
This morning in the shower I thought of how I had wanted a couple of stuff in my own time, not God's. And how I has getting myself hurt a lot. And how it had hurt when I had to let God reset me. But in the long run, it was all good.
Point is, God made us and he knew what our life was going to be like, beginning to the end. It makes sense to trust him enough to let him do his thing with us, in his own time ( which is the perfect time). But if you sorta run off and try to readjust the clock, it's not too late to let him reset your watch. Make no mistake, it will hurt bad, but after, you'll see it was worth it...
#Reset#Timing#TrustGod

2 comments:

Gimbiya said...

This is something almost everyone can relate to- trying to fast forward the clock. However at the time it doesn't seem like that's what you're doing-fast forwarding - because you have a timetable that you are working with. Alas, God has a timetable for us all and it varies for each person!

adesanya said...

I enjoyed this post, lord have yo way