Friday 25 March 2016

I HATE 'HOLY WEEK-ENDS'!!!!!

So I’ve being thinking to myself
having this conversations with myself,
This is a week they call holy;
The week-end
Because they claim it was ‘this week’ my savior was killed,
Buried and rose again
This week they say, is the essence of my Christianity;
 This 7 days
They told me not to cuss; “Don’t drink, don’t smoke, and don’t fornicate;
This week is holy!”
Be careful what to eat, where you go, what you say, just be careful what you do this week-end

And like a strict diet plan,
I keep myself from all the things I think I need and when the weekend is up;
I binge!

So I asked myself,
Is it okay to be unfaithful to the lover of my soul other days of my life,
And keep a few weeks holy;
Just because I don’t see him;
Not because he isn’t here;
But… my senses are deemed out in the crazy cravings of my soul to perceive the master’s presence
That I don’t realize he is here;
Thinking about me;
Constantly wanting to have a conversation with me
Telling me he loves me; telling me I am beautiful and he wants no other!
Is it okay to run to the foot of the cross on Friday, sulk on Saturday and dance on Sunday…
But return to my promiscuity on Monday;
Having affairs with greed, lust, selfishness;
Letting anger take over my mind and mouth;
So I curse at my boss who doesn’t seem to see that I had a long weekend
And raise my hand to curse more at the man in the blue van who cut traffic
I feel okay talking about the girl 2 rooms down the hall way because she isn’t here
Letting inappropriate thoughts have a party in my mind because after all it’s just another week!


Putting everything and anything above the one who gave it all for me!
Do you realize what you are telling me to do?!
What if you had a friend who didn’t really care about you?
 Who didn’t care about your feelings?
Who said what he or she liked;
Who did what he pleased not… regarding how you felt;
What if this was the person you had sacrificed your life for?
And all they gave you in return was…
ONE WEEK-END!

The death, burial and resurrection of our savior
Like an old childhood toy;
We stuffed at the bottom of the ‘not needed box’ as we grew up
Bringing it out every Easter week-end
To ‘reflect’ on it as they call it
And right after throw it in the garage till the next Easter week-end!
Instead of a total surrender to the essence of the week-end…

This is the trend;
But should it be?
And now you see…
I cannot but despise ‘holy week-ends’…
Clichés that make us treat the master anyway



No comments: