Friday 14 November 2014

choices!

Hi everybody! Where do I even begin? Errrrm, school is just so so demanding these days. I rarely have time to breathe, let alone write. But I am going to try to keep up. Over the past month, I have been faced with challenges and the issue of making decisions. Some I have made good choices and others, well I don't know. But that's what I'm going to talk about today...Choices.
 Wise men often say that you are not really a product of your family upbringing or your environment but you are a product of the choices that you made and are making and will be the product of the choices that you will make. Something weird happened to me this week. And I will share it with you.
About 3 weeks ago, a certain organisation came to my school with a competition and basically I was not planning to enter. Due to some personal reasons. But a day to the deadline, someone I respect told me to enter. I knew why I didn't want to at first but I felt I should not let him down. Now that I think of it, I don't even know how I would have. Anyway, I decided(note the word decided) to get in for whatever funny reason I should. I had hours to the deadline and I rushed everything. Well long story short I could not get in. I was so embarrassed and sad and angry at everyone else. But then after the dust had settled, I realised I was to blame. Why? I made the choice to enter. I wasn't really compelled to. I decided to. And when the repacautions of my choice came, I alone was d target.
Point been, my choice to listen and agree to the pressure got me to that point. Whatever choice no matter how small can change and determine the course of your life. For instance, a decision to greet someone could get you a job. Choices as simple as yes and no choices can affect you in ways you never imagined. Sometimes we live in the illusion that a small worng decision can't hurt anything or that people actually have the ability to force us into anything. But no one else should be held responsible for your bad choices or good ones at that. Because you alone have the power to do or not to do.
So today please think before making any decision. I know today's write up is quite brief but I trust it has substance. I love you all! Stay true to yourself and make right choices today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brief lyk u said....buh it was deep...went a long way....Keep it up sweety...God bless u